The Uncompahgre Watershed Partnership has many needs for volunteers throughout the year, mostly at our special events. The annual Ridgway RiverFest in fact is supported by more than 50 volunteers who make the day a great success. Other events like our various educational school visits and field trips require just one or two volunteers. Most volunteer assignments are just three to four hours. You can choose to volunteer one time a year or once a month or more.
Here is a list of our top volunteer needs:
- Agriculture sustainability- help UWP to support agricultural water users to use water efficiently and find resources to support their efforts
- Sustainable Recreation- join our effort to improve safety and access to our rivers and waterways for recreational users.
- Ridgway RiverFest- participate on various committees to plan the event and/or pick a volunteer assignment on the day of the event to help set up, take down, interact with festival goers, or keep the day moving along.
- Cleanups & volunteer work days- mornings cleaning up litter and helping in various ways to maintain the natural conditions in local parks around the Uncompahgre River.
- Watershed education- share hydrology and watershed cycle information with students of all ages, especially elementary schoolers, in classrooms, on field trips and at annual events
- Water monitoring- help take water samples for specific projects or for a monthly monitoring program.
- Other- find your niche within UWP, by letting us know what your skills and interests are. We can always use more support for our board, volunteers and staff on events, publications, outreach, etc.
Please fill out the form below to let us know about your interest in volunteering for UWP. You can also email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.