Banner photo by Jay CanodeUWP video produced by Jay Canode, Terra Vision Media (http://www.terravisionmedia.com/)
UWP is a 501(c)(3) organization where your donations help fund water quality restoration and education projects in the Upper Uncompahgre River Watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
- The Watch features Mining Reclamation cover story
- UWP samples sediment and water after Ouray Hydrodam’s 2017 spring reservoir release
- $3,000 raised by Fly Fishing Film Tour & Uncompahgre River Benefit co-hosted by RIGS, Trout Unlimited and UWP
- 2017 Guided Snowshoe Tour to Yankee Girl Mine
- Plaindealer shares Humble Mine remediation project news
Category Archives: Reports & Plans
The Dallas Creek Water Company, which provides domestic water to residents and commercial users on Log Hill Mesa above Ridgway, completed its first Water Source Protection Plan in August. Funded through a $5,000 Development and Implementation Grant from the Colorado … Continue reading
For two days in May, a group of 17 high school students plus three adults from Grand Rapids, Michigan visited Ridgway and volunteered with the Uncompahgre Watershed Partnership. The delegation from West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science worked … Continue reading
Did you know that the Uncompahgre river (the largest tributary to the Gunnison River) is approximately 75 miles long from the headwaters in Lake Como to it’s mouth in Delta? In that journey it drops about 7,300 ft. That is … Continue reading
Idarado Mining Company’s Red Mountain Creek Investigation Report Report | Appendices State Review