Banner photo by Jay CanodeUWP video produced by Jay Canode, Terra Vision Media (http://www.terravisionmedia.com/)
UWP is a 501(c)(3) organization where your donations help fund water quality restoration and education projects in the Upper Uncompahgre River Watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
- The Watch features Mining Reclamation cover story
- UWP samples sediment and water after Ouray Hydrodam’s 2017 spring reservoir release
- $3,000 raised by Fly Fishing Film Tour & Uncompahgre River Benefit co-hosted by RIGS, Trout Unlimited and UWP
- 2017 Guided Snowshoe Tour to Yankee Girl Mine
- Plaindealer shares Humble Mine remediation project news
Category Archives: Mining
Projects use creative techniques to mitigate mine pollution by Tori Sheets firstname.lastname@example.org Sneffels Creek will run more clearly after completion of a bank stabilization project designed to divert the creek away from mine tailings at the abandoned Atlas Mill. The mill … Continue reading
Unintended consequences related to abandoned underground mines will be the keynote lunch address at the San Juan Mining & Reclamation Conference in Durango, Colo. on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2016. Speaking from 25 years of professional experience, mining consultant and Colorado School … Continue reading
Register NOW for the 2016 San Juan Mining & Reclamation Conference in Durango and Silverton on Aug. 3-5. Come for one day or two or the whole event! Go to http://www.mountainstudies.org/sjmrc/ Download the 2016 SJMRC Poster, share and post, please. The registration … Continue reading