Four volunteers came out to pick up tires on Burro creek on Wednesday the 18th. The primary purpose of cleanup was to get all the tires out of the flood plain. So we moved the tires from Burro Creek and the riparian area and put them where they would not be prone to go downstream during run off. We counted about 100 tires, but there will be a more definite count when we actually remove them from public land. There will be another day scheduled at a later date to take the tires from above the flood bank to a nearby road. From there they will be carried off public land and left on Gunn’s property to be removed by them.
Banner photo by Jay CanodeUWP video produced by Jay Canode, Terra Vision Media (http://www.terravisionmedia.com/)
UWP is a 501(c)(3) organization where your donations help fund water quality restoration and education projects in the Upper Uncompahgre River Watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
- UWP volunteers share watershed lessons with hundreds of students
- Alpine Environmental Consultants supports UWP with technical expertise
- Ridgway Draft Ordinance on River Corridor Development Regulations
- The Watch features Mining Reclamation cover story
- UWP samples sediment and water after Ouray Hydrodam’s 2017 spring reservoir release