Show your love for UWP on Telluride Gives Day
On Dec. 15, 2016, the Telluride Foundation has once again provided a fabulous way for every single citizen to conveniently donate to the Uncompahgre Water-shed Partnership (UWP) and other local nonprofits. Through www.telluridegives.org, you can contribute to our organization, make a difference in your community, and celebrate the magic of the San Juan Mountain region. This fundraising event is a timely, important way for UWP to bring in the dollars we need to continue our work into 2017, which will include:
- new abandoned mine remediation projects in partnership with local, state and federal public agencies, mine owners, contractors, and other nonprofits;
- water quality sampling each month at four locations for Colorado’s River Watch Program, including hands-on field activities with Ridgway third graders;
- public outreach and school watershed education programs;
- the San Juan Mining Conference, to be held in Ouray this year, to highlight research and mine remediation approaches for improving water quality;
- clean up activities at Ridgway’s Rollans Park along the Uncompahgre River as part of the town’s “Adopt-a-Park program;
- the 10th annual Ridgway River Festival, a family-friendly celebration of the River and our community; and
- NEW this year: an objective, science-based study of whether the periodic releases from the Ouray Hydropower facility to remove sediment have any significant impact on water quality and aquatic life.
We hope you will take this opportunity to support these essential projects by giving through Telluride Gives Day, next Thursday, Dec. 15. On that day, please go online to UWP’s Telluride Gives page (at link below) and make a financial contribution.
As thanks for early contributors, we will send a UWP T-shirt to the first 20 donors who contribute $100 or more, and a T-shirt plus an 8 oz. bag of whole coffee beans from Ridgway’s own Exotic Earth Roasters to the first 20 contributors of $150 or more! Plus, all donations of $100 and over are eligible for a tax credit (which is usually more valuable than a simple deduction).
Thank you! Tanya Ishikawa
UWP Communications Director
Shopping online for the holidays? Want to support our nonprofit at the same time?
Spend no extra money – just sign up with iGive and AmazonSmile so a portion of your purchases will be donated directly to UWP. It’s all free and so easy!
Sign into Amazon at smile.amazon.comand a portion of what you spend will be donated directly to UWP, at no extra cost to you. You can support us just by signing in and shopping at smile.amazon.comwith the Uncompahgre Watershed Partnership selected as your nonprofit of choice. To select UWP to receive donations when you shop online, visit: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-2946756
There are 1,776 socially-responsible stores that help to make donations happen through iGive.com. When you sign up with the donation portal, it will add an icon to your toolbar so whenever you enter the website of one of those generous stores, you will have the option of clicking on a pop-up icon that will let the store know that you want a percentage of your online purchase to go to UWP. To learn more or sign up now, please use this link: http://www.igive.com/1S1UOga