EVENT COORDINATOR – Ridgway River Festival
The UWP is recruiting an Event Coordinator to assist with production of the 8th Annual Ridgway River Festival (RiverFest). The event is a one-day, family-friendly community celebration of the Uncompahgre River and our natural resources and is scheduled for June 27, 2015 in Rollans Park, Ridgway, CO. The RiverFest program includes river races, live music, local food and drink, kids’ activities, watershed educational and cultural programs: http://www.ridgwayriverfestival.org The festival will be kicked-off with an evening program, Wild Water Films, on June 26, 2015 at Ridgway’s Sherbino Theatre.
- Oversee and encourage Planning Committee members’ progress on their respective task assignments. A UWP Board member or community volunteer has been assigned to organize details of the following major tasks: beverages, insurance & permits, kids and adult educational programs, music, cultural ceremony, river races & registration, silent auction, sponsorship solicitation, rental equipment, vendors, volunteers, waste & sanitation.
- The Event Coordinator will hold regular planning meetings and/or communicate with each Planning Committee member via e-mail and telephone to ensure planning timelines are met.
- Assist the UWP Board with planning of the June 26, 2015 Wild Water Films kick-off event.
- Develop promotional materials and lead marketing campaign for both events. This includes but is not limited to press releases, print and online advertisements, public service announcements, event poster design and distribution, updates and maintenance of RiverFest website and Facebook page.
- Act as lead, point-person day of RiverFest on June 27, 2015.
$15/h, not to exceed $2,000
Please submit electronically a letter of interest outlining your experience in event production and marketing as well as names and contact information of at least two references to Agnieszka Przeszlowska at UWPcoordinator@gmail.com Questions regarding this position may also be forwarded to Agnieszka via e-mail or telephone: 970-325-3010.