Show your love for UWP on Telluride Gives Day
On December 15, 2016, the Telluride Foundation has once again provided a fabulous way for every single citizen to conveniently donate to the Uncompahgre Watershed Partnership (UWP) and other local nonprofits. Through www.telluridegives.org, you can contribute to our organization, make a difference in your community, and celebrate the magic of the San Juan Mountain region. This fundraising event is a timely, important way for UWP to bring in the dollars we need to continue our work into 2017, which will include:
- new abandoned mine remediation projects in partnership with local, state and federal public agencies, mine owners, contractors, and other nonprofits;
- water quality sampling each month at four locations for Colorado’s River Watch Program, including hands-on field activities with Ridgway third graders;
- public outreach and school watershed education programs;
- the San Juan Mining Conference, to be held in Ouray this year, to highlight research and mine remediation approaches for improving water quality;
- clean up activities at Ridgway’s Rollans Park along the Uncompahgre River as part of the town’s “Adopt-a-Park program;
- the 10th annual Ridgway River Festival, a family-friendly celebration of the River and our community; and
- NEW this year: an objective, science-based study of whether the periodic releases from the Ouray Hydropower facility to remove sediment have any significant impact on water quality and aquatic life.
Please take this opportunity to support these essential projects by giving through Telluride Gives Day, next Thursday, Dec. 15. Please go online to UWP’s Telluride Gives page (https://telluridegives.org/npo/uncompahgre-watershed-partnership) and make a financial contribution.